OPEN PRE FOOD 4-H
Pre 4-H Open Foods Department
Thursday, July 13, 2017, 9:30 am. to 11 a.m.
This is an event for children 3rd grade and younger. This will provide an opportunity for younger children to participate in the fair and have the experience of making an item that will be evaluated by a judge and receive a ribbon.
Following are the guidelines:
- 1. Youth will have the opportunity to talk with the judges starting at 9:30 a.m. till 11 a.m. Thursday, July 13 in the 4H Auditorium. (Exhibits are to be made prior to entry time.) The public is welcome to watch.
- No entry fee. Entry tag will be completed when exhibit is entered.
- There will be no premium money given. No first place exhibits will be selected.
- Food items will be sold after the judging with a small part of the exhibit being left on display with their ribbons until 7:00 p.m., Friday, July 14, at which time exhibitors may take their ribbons home.
- No boxed mixes in any divisions. All foods must be made from scratch.
- Recipe MUST be included.
- A complete baked article must be entered for judging. It should not be cut or divided.
- All baked items must be on a paper plate and covered. Cookies and breads should be in plastic bags. Include 7 cookies/bars on a plate.
- We will not be responsible for pans or any other dishes used.
- Examples could be breads, cookies, bars, brownies, etc.