Open Class Garden Show
East Auditorium – Friday, July 16, 2021
EXHIBITS TO INCLUDE VEGETABLES/ FRUITS/ HERBS
- Entry open to any resident of Webster and surrounding counties.
- There will be: adult classes (18 years & older) and youth classes (17 years & younger).
- Exhibitors may make more than one entry if each entry is a different kind, variety or cultivar.
- Exhibits must be fresh plant materials grown by exhibitor.
- No prefair entries are needed – entries will be taken from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., Friday, July 16, 2021.
- No Entry Fee
- Exhibitors will exhibit freshly harvested vegetables in accordance with the rules in Pamphlet 4H-462 entitled “Harvesting and Preparing Vegetables for Exhibits”. This pamphlet is available at the Webster County Extension Office, Wells Fargo Building, Downtown, Fort Dodge or online https://store.extension.iastate.edu/Prroduct/4h4662-pdf. Categories mentioned in 4H-462 are encouraged with any other fruit or vegetable worthy of exhibiting to be entered. Please note the “Judging Pointers” found on pages 1 and 2 of this pamphlet.
- Paper plates and exhibitor tags will be furnished free.
- Exhibits will be released at 4:00 p.m. Saturday, July 15, 2017. OFFICIALS WILL NOT BE REPSONSIBLE FOR EXHIBITS REMAINING AFTER 4:40 P.M. Since the building will be used for other events it is very important that you pick up your exhibits or make arrangements.
- Exhibitors fill out exhibitor tags. Label vegetable/fruit/herbs exhibits to indicate the kind, variety and/or cultivar. An exhibit should have the following number of specimens per size unless otherwise stated in publication 4-H 462, “Harvesting and Preparing Vegetables for Exhibit”. Large: 1 specimen Medium: 3 specimens Small: 6 specimens
- Judging will begin at 11:am., Friday July 16, 2021
- All entries will recieve a ribbon placing of blue, red or white, depending on quality.
- Exhibits will be released at 4:00 p. m. Friday, July 16, 2021. OFFICIALS WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR EXHIBITS REMAINING AFTER 4:00 PM. Since the building will be used for other events it is very important that you pick up your exhibitsor make arrangements.
Prizes are furnished by the Fort Dodge Area Gardeners and awarded strictly according to the decision of
- Adult “Best of Show” entry will be awarded $10.00. Youth “Best of Show” entry will be awarded $5.00.
- All entries will recieve a ribbon placing of blue, red or white.
The Webster County Agricultural Association wishes to THANK the Fort Dodge Area Gardeners for all their work during the organization and completion of the Garden Show.
Print Form (PDF) then fill out and return.
PHOTOGRAPHY RELEASE CONSENT:
___Yes, pictures of me or my child may be used for publicity, news articles, or on the Webster County
___No, do not use pictures of my child.