Class Garden Show
East Auditorium – Saturday, July 14, 2018
EXHIBITS TO INCLUDE VEGETABLES/ FRUITS/ HERBS
- Entry open to any resident of Webster and surrounding counties, male or female.
- There will be: adult classes (18 years & older) and youth classes (17 years & younger).
- Exhibitors may make more than one entry per class if each entry is a different variety, cultivar, type or color
- Exhibits must be fresh plant materials grown by exhibitor.
- No prefair entries are needed – entries will be taken from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., Saturday, July 15, 2017.
- ENTRY FEE: 25 cents per entry up to 6 entries, $1.50 maximum fee for 6 entries or more.
- Judging will begin at 11:00 a.m., Saturday, July 15, 2017.
- The Danish System of placing will be used. All entries will receive a ribbon placing of blue, red or white, depending on quality.
- Exhibitors will exhibit freshly harvested vegetables in accordance with the rules in Pamphlet 4H-
462 entitled “Harvesting and Preparing Vegetables for Exhibits”. This pamphlet is available at the Webster County Extension Office, 217 S. 25th Street, Fort Dodge or at any county extension office in adjoining counties. Categories mentioned in 4H-462 are encouraged with any other fruit or vegetable worthy of exhibiting to be entered. Please note the “Judging Pointers” found on pages 1 and 2 of this pamphlet.
- Paper plates will be furnished free to exhibitors. Exhibitor tags will be furnished free to be filled out by exhibitor for each exhibit.
- Exhibits will be released at 4:00 p.m. Saturday, July 15, 2017. OFFICIALS WILL NOT BE REPSONSIBLE FOR EXHIBITS REMAINING AFTER 4:40 P.M. Since the building will be used for other events it is very important that you pick up your exhibits or make arrangements.
- Label vegetable/fruit/herbs exhibits to indicate the kind, variety and/or cultivar. An exhibit should have the following number of specimens per size unless otherwise stated in publication 4-H 462, “Harvesting and Preparing Vegetables for Exhibit”. Large: 1 specimen Medium: 3 specimens Small: 6 specimens
Prize are furnished by the Fort Dodge Area Gardeners and awarded strictly according to the decision of
- 1. “Best of Show” entry in the adult classes will be awarded $10.00. “Best of Show” entry in the youth classes will be awarded $5.00.
- $50.00 in cash to be divided equally among all blue ribbon awards (For example: If there are 50 blue awarded, then each will receive $1.00. If there are 100 blue ribbons awarded, then each will receive 50 cents)
The Webster County Agricultural Association wishes to THANK the Fort Dodge Area Gardeners for all their work during the organization and completion of the Garden Show.
Print Form (PDF) then fill out and return.
PHOTOGRAPHY RELEASE CONSENT:
___Yes, pictures of me or my child may be used for publicity, news articles, or on the Webster County
___No, do not use pictures of my child.